How Not To Apply to College:
Avoiding Big Mistakes on the Road to Acceptance
An Evening with Admissions Expert Mark Montgomery, PhD
Mark Montgomery, a national college admissions expert, offers his advice on how to avoid the pitfalls and pain of applying to college.
Filled with good humor, a healthy dose of reality, and concrete examples of real students who avoided these mistakes, the presentation addresses these crucial questions and more:
• How do you calculate “return on investment” in higher education?
• What is the right way to shop for colleges?
• What are the 12 factors in the admission process?
• What are the “hidden” parts of the Common Application?
• Why is it so important to start early in this process?
• How can you develop a personal strategy for success?
• How do you preserve sanity in your household?