Dear Burlington High School Families and Friends,
On behalf of the faculty, staff and administration, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to attend Burlington High School’s Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2017. The exercises will be held on Sunday, June 4, 2017, at 2 p.m. at Varsity Field (weather permitting).
Graduation is a time to recognize our students and to celebrate their accomplishments and successes during their years in the Burlington Public Schools. Below is important information for your planning purposes:
- June 2nd Graduation Rehearsal - report to rubber gym at 9:00 a.m.
- Caps, gowns and tickets will be distributed at rehearsal.
- June 4th Graduation - report to rubber gym no later than 12:45 p.m.
- Formal attire is required - no shorts, sneakers, flip flops.
- Tickets are not required to attend graduation at Varsity Field and is open to the public.
- If indoors, each family is allotted 4 tickets due to capacity limitations.
- Tickets are provided to students at rehearsal on June 2nd.
- In the event of inclement weather, graduation will is moved to the Vanella Gymnasium.
- The decision on commencement location is made on the morning of June 4th.
- Overflow seating will be available in the Fogelberg Auditorium where the graduation will be shown live.
- Commencement ceremony runs approximately 1 hour.
- Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
- No entry is allowed beyond the fence on Varsity Field until after the ceremony.
- Mobility challenged and wheelchair seating will be clearly marked at both Varsity Field and the Vanella Gymnasium.
I look forward to seeing you at graduation and celebrating the Burlington High School graduating Class of 2017!
Class of 2017 Senior Activities:
May 12 Junior/Senior Prom - Andover Country Club 7-11 p.m.
Pictures begin at 6:30 p.m.
May 23 Last day of classes for Seniors WITHOUT Obligations
Sign-out sheets will be distributed in homeroom. Seniors should sign-out after completing required coursework and returning all books/materials. Completed sign-out sheets should go to Guidance.
May 24 Class day for Seniors WITH Obligations
Designated for students missing class assignments or with detentions/suspensions
May 24 Senior Breakfast - Cafeteria 8 a.m.
May 24 Senior Athletic Banquet - Cafe Escadrille 6:30 p.m.
May 25-30 Senior Final Exams
Thursday, May 25 Friday, May 26 Tuesday, May 30
Periods 1-2 Periods 3-4 Periods 5-7
May 31 Senior Final Exam Makeup Day as necessary
May 31 Senior Banquet - Hilton Garden Inn 6:30-10 p.m.
Tickets will be sold during lunch. Appropriate dress required. NO jeans, t-shirts, hats, shorts or sneakers.
June 1 Scholarship Awards Night - Fogelberg Performing Arts Center, 7 p.m.
Students will be notified by letter and should report by 6:30 p.m. Appropriate dress required.
June 2 Graduation Rehearsal - Rubber Gym, 9 a.m.
Caps/gowns distributed following rehearsal
June 4 Graduation - Varsity Field (weather permitting), 2 p.m.
Students are expected to report to the Gymnasium no later than 12:45 p.m. Appropriate dress is required. NO jeans, t-shirts, hats, shorts or sneakers. Students dressed inappropriately will be sent home to change clothes.
June 4 Post Grad Party - hosted by King’s, Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington 10 p.m. - 5
a.m. Admission 10-11 p.m. ONLY. Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be sold at the door. Students must leave the property immediately following the conclusion of the event.