Mr. Gerety is a motivational speaker and leadership trainer who delivered a talk focused on key principles and skills that are essential to developing students. Ed's message was geared to enhance our already positive school climate and remind our students how important the following traits are:
Respect, Responsibility, good decision-making, goal setting, attitude, gratitude, and being kind.
Mr. Gerety's visit is in conjunction with BHS's Be Smart Program. Throughout the year, BHS sponsors programs and activities that educate and promote many of Ed's messages:
- The power of respect and responsibility
- The impact and consequences of our choices and decisions
- The issues of bullying, peer pressure, and drugs/alcohol
- Appreciation for our abilities and the people in our life
- The courage to believe in oneself
- The power we have to reach out and make a difference
Mr. Gerety captured students' attention through his high energy and interactive approach. His humor, passion, and personal experiences helped drive his message home with our students - stand up for your greatness, be grateful for what you have, be responsible, be kind, and always stay passionate and positive.
As he does every year to wrap up his presentation, Mr. Gerety had the whole class of 2020 'work together' to 'make rain', you can see the storm below: