Last spring the Burlington High School community worked to redefine our mission statement and core values and beliefs. As a reminder, the product of that work is:
Our second phase is to redefine our 21st learning expectations. We solicited input last spring for our learning expectations, and we now have a working draft. We are currently seeking feedback and input.
The core values and beliefs committee draft proposal is as follows:
BHS students will be challenged to become the best version of themselves by developing and exhibiting accountability, adaptability and tenacity in their academic, civic and social interactions.
- Students will define their own questions and come up with creative solutions to the problems/challenges they encounter.
- Students will work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems.
- Students will act with integrity in all academic endeavors.
- Students will demonstrate strength of character as an individual.
- Students will exhibit respect and regard for others in all interactions.
- Students will engage the outside world through the lens of global citizenship.
Please send your feedback on this draft to the committee chairs Ms. Abigail Abbott (email@example.com) or Ms. Stephanie Fishel (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feedback can also be sent directly to me at email@example.com.
There will be a 2 week window for feedback from parents, community members, students, and staff. After feedback is heard and taken under consideration by the committee a final version will be proposed to the BHS faculty for a vote.