The BHS Guidance Department will host its annual Freshman Parent Breakfast on 9/25 in the Guidance College and Career Center beginning at. We will start with introductions of staff, then the Guidance Department will cover a variety of topics in relation to freshman year. Below is the agenda:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Special Education Overview
- Overview of the social worker/adjustment counselor role, work study, individual and crisis counseling for students, and access to the Burlington Community Life
- Getting involved at BHS.
- GPA/Rank and transcript overview
- Academic Support, contact BHS staff, math tutor, mid-term exam support by mentors, peer tutor programs, etc.
- Communication at BHS, Naviance, Blog, Facebook, etc.
- Standardized Testing (PSAT, SAT and ACT ), mention the possibility of the PLAN test.
- Description of the course selection process. MCAS and AP testing.
Following the agenda there will be an opportunuty for questions and answers as well as time to meet indivudally with guidance counselors.
Please RSVP by calling 781-270-1780. We hope to see you there!