I can't remember the last time that I was this excited about a conference. I am literally minutes away from heading out on a road trip to Educon with @ericconti and @baldy7 (those are their Twitter names). Both are bloggers and educators who share a progressive philosophy about what we need to be doing in our public schools. You should check out their blogs when you have a moment. Here is a link to Eric's Blog and here's a link to Tony's.
What is Educon?
EduCon 2.2 is both a conversation and a conference.
And it is not a technology conference. It is an education conference. It is, hopefully, an innovation conference where we can come together, both in person and virtually, to discuss the future of schools. Every session will be an opportunity to discuss and debate ideas — from the very practical to the big dreams.
Guiding Principles of EduCon 2.2
- Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
- Our schools must be about co-creating — together with our students — the 21st Century Citizen
- Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around
- Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
- Learning can — and must — be networked