CNN currently has a news link titled Six Steps to Creative Breakthroughs.
- Look behind you - Investigate the history of what worked, what did not work, and what might have worked given different scenarios.
- Lose the routine - In other words, 'Play!' This might be reading, hitting seminars, attending conferences, etc. Taking time away from the routine of preparing, teaching, grading can have great rewards.
- Use the brains you hired - Let employees (i.e., teachers snd ) take risks and not be penalized for failure.
- Get cozy with customers - Get to know the needs of students, parents, and the community.
- Share the load - Use resources in house, at the local college, or in the community to get things done.
- Try to fail quickly - Quickly move from thinking about change, to doing it. Set benchmarks to determine if the innovation is working. Commit but don't be afraid to admit defeat.
Shared via AddThis