It all started with my use of Google Reader. I was amazed with the fact that I could subscribe to certain blogs that I found relevant and get new blog posts daily on these topics. Not only that, but I am able to comment on these articles to the authors and others who share similar interests.
My main topic is education and trying to keep up with what innovative educators are doing in their schools to help their students stay a step ahead. I am currently following these blogs:
- Cool Cat Teacher Blog - I am one of over 9,000 followers
- Free Technology For Teachers - An award winning blog that provides daily resources surrounding educational technology.
- Weblogg-ed - A blog by Will Richardson, the author of Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. If you don't know this name - you need to.
- TravelinEdMan - A blog by Curtis Bonk, author of The World Is Open, a professor at Indiana University, and the President of SurveyShare Inc.
- 2 Cents Worth - A blog by David Warlick, another name you must know in the field of integrating technology and creating 21st Century Learning environments.
My reason for sharing all of this is the hope that others will take advantage of these resources. You can start your own google reader account for subscriptions to blogs on any topic that you are ineterested in. I am confident that anyone who gives it a try will be amazed by their experience.
As I have learned quickly in my new found experience in the blogosphere - it is now possible to learn about anything, anywhere, at anytime!