Here a student grates the bread for the topping
Mrs. Arcand's sixth period Food Prep class was busy making homemade Macaroni and Cheese. They actually grated the cheese and bread themselves. I thought this stuff only came in a little blue box.
See the recipe below. Mrs. Arcand has adjusted this recipe over the years and it is sure to be the best tasting homemade macaroni and cheese that you will find.
1.5 cups of uncooked macaroni, 4 Tbsp. margarine, 4 Tbsp. flour, 1.25 cups cold milk, 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, 2 slices of frozen white bread, 2 Tbsp. margarine
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 1.5 quart casserole
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. of water to a rolling boil
- Add 1.5 cups uncooked macaroni. Stir. Boil until macaroni is tender
- Drain and rinse quickly with cool water
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt 4 tbsp. margarine
- Add 4 tbsp. flour and a dash of salt. Stir until blended
- Slowly add 1.25 cups cold milk, stirring constantly and cook for a few minutes
- Grate 4 oz. cheese and add to sauce. Stir to blend.
- Add cheese sauce to macaroni and stir
- Grate 2 slices of bread using large holes on the grater
- Melt 2 tbsp. of margarine in a small saucepan. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat with margarine
- Sprinkle crumbs over casserole
- Bake for 30 minutes
Here a student grates the cheese